Counselors In Training
For campers who are 12, 13 or 14 years old who and who have previously attended Kims Kids Camp.
The CIT program at Kim’s Kids is a paid program that offers children ages 12, 13 and 14 the opportunity to experience work while still being a camper. When ‘working’, CITs are expected to play with campers and assist the counselors. When not ‘working’, they are like campers, free to play with whomever they choose. The program imparts a sense of responsibility and importance, while still allowing for these children to be children. We have often witnessed enormous growth and maturity in CITs and the program has become a great source of quality staff members.
- CITs have their own counselor and have to report each morning at 8:45.
- Once a week CITs take an exclusive trip reserved only for the CITs that usually extends beyond 3 PM. Transportation is by a mini coach bus.
- There is no charge for CITs to attend the Early and Late programs.
- Regardless of the sessions and weeks chosen, all CITs may attend the Sesame Place trip.
- At the end of the summer, each CIT receives a small cash award.